This is an oxidation-reduction (redox) reaction:
CuII + 2 e- → Cu0 (reduction)
Ba0 - 2 e- → BaII (oxidation)
CuCl2 is an oxidizing agent, Ba is a reducing agent.
- Names: Copper(II) chloride , Cupric chloride , Copper chloride
- Appearance: Yellow-brown solid (anhydrous) | blue-green solid (dihydrate)
- Names: Barium , Ba , Element 56
- Appearance: Yellowish-to-white lustrous solid in various forms
- Names: Copper , Copper (dusts and mists, as Cu) , Cu
- Appearance: Solid in various forms. turns green on exposure đồ sộ moist air ; Reddish, lustrous, malleable, odorless solid.
- Names: Barium chloride , Barium muriate , Muryate of Barytes
- Appearance: White solid ; Odourless colourless crystals ; White, odorless solid.